At MACS Legal Services Ltd we give you the highest level of service through our knowledge, experience and expertise that has been accumulated over many years. We work with one of the largest Barristers’ Chambers in the country, who are able to handle the most complex of cases including serious fraud, corporate manslaughter, tax evasion and white collar crime, money laundering and conspiracy. No case is too big or small.
In addition to the aforementioned, we are able to advise, assist and represent clients, with Counsel as appropriate, in every aspect of criminal law, including:
- REPRESENTATION: In the police station, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; Magistrates Court, Crown Court, Appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court, Judicial Review, Criminal Cases Review Commission where it is felt that the courts have go the law wrong and procedures have not been correctly followed; and the European Court of Justice.
- ALLEGED SERIOUS/CORPORATE FRAUD/TAX EVASION, HEALTH AND SAFETY CASES: We have links to barristers from Junior to QC Level who are from one of the biggest Chambers in London; with specialist knowledge in these, and other areas of law. With Brexit and rapid changes in legislation re Cyber Crime, Money Laundering, Offshore Accounting, Compliance and other Corporate Legislation, it is imperative to have the highest levels of legal representation to not only protect against allegations being made, but to have the requisite procedures and systems in place to take a pro-active approach to crime prevention. We can assist in every aspect of such matters.
- PRIVATE CLIENT: Any Criminal Law Case can be taken on a private client basis.
In addition to the aforementioned, Benefits of Paying Privately are:
- In Crown Court Cases where a client is required to make a financial contribution, it can be cheaper to pay privately because we can negotiate Fixed Fee Agreements with Counsel on your behalf which is often cheaper than the contributions you are being asked to undertake by the legal aid agency.
- When you pay privately, you keep the same solicitor and/orthroughout your case, only having to give your version of events once.
- In trial cases, it is less likely that your case will be adjourned or put in the warned to attend for trial list which allows your case to be dealt with more expeditiously than others.
- A lot of legal aid is now not available for many criminal offences. Our Agreed Fixed Fees are negotiable both in terms of ourselves, and Counsel.
- (Welfare Benefits)/VOLUNTARY INTERVIEW REPRESENTATION: If you are invited to a police station or benefits agency interview, it is always best to have us present because:
- It is not an admission of guilt to have a solicitor present.
- Cases are often won and lost based on what is said in such interviews.
- The legal representative getsof what the interview is about and can advise you as to the allegations being made in advance of the interview.
- Advice with advancing appropriate defences, or damage limitation techniques which can prevent you receiving a charge, or help with mitigation in the event of the matter being taken to Court.
- AREAS OF CRIMINAL LAW COVERED INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: Any area of Criminal Law, including:
- All aspects of corporate law, including, white collar crime, complex fraud cases, corporate manslaughter, tax evasion.
- Fraud by misrepresentation/false accounting.
- Benefit fraud.
- Cyber crime.
- Attempted murder.
- Assaults, including Grievous Bodily Harm.
- Knife crime.
- Armed robbery.
- Rape and any other sexual offence.
- Importation/Deportation of drugs, including simple possession to possession with intent to supply.
- All aspects of dishonesty, including shoplifting, theft from an employer.
- Perverting the Course of Justice.
- Money laundering.
- Any driving offence, including drink driving, speeding, dangerous driving.
Please call us today on 01494 857020 or 01803 895222.